October 18, 2010
Bowling for Columbine Thesis Claims
1) The high casualties caused by weapons are a reaction to how easy it is to get hold of one. If perhaps policies were made stricter, casualties would go straight down.
I do certainly not agree with this kind of because it will only impact the people who head to obtain their guns legally. If you urgent needed one everything you would have to carry out is steal it, and so the policies could then have zero effect on you.
2) Minorities and blacks are created to be scarier than they are really because they are often the ones pictured on TV leading to the criminal activity.
I agree with this statement because once i listen to the news 90% of the time when I observed crimes talked about they were dedicated by blacks or Mexicans. Only almost never do I hear of a offense committed with a white.
3) Canadians do not fear as much as People in america which results in fewer crime rates.
Certainly with this statement mainly because not only do Canadians have fewer crime rates, but they are also not really afraid to leave all their homes revealed when they leave for the day or perhaps go to bed through the night because they see it while trapping themselves inside.
4) The Welfare-to-Work system is not directly increasing assault because is actually keeping parents away from their kids which could potentially put the children in a place where they will could acquire fire arms.
I agree with this affirmation because whether it weren't for this program the shooting of little Kayla at Buell Elementary School would not have occurred since the boy that shot Kayla would not include gotten a hold of the gun that he used to kill her because he may have been acquainted with his mom and not his uncle.
5) Persons over utilize right to carry arms even if not needed such as in the case of Charlton Heston.
I agree with this kind of, especially with the situation of Heston because in case you have never been attacked or perhaps in an act of assault where you would need a gun, what is the point to help keep it packed in the house? It can unnecessary and could cause even more problems if you were ever...